I’m strong to the finish, cos I eats my spinach, I’m Popeye the Sailor Man! ~ Cartoon Popeye the Sailor
Penne Pasta with Spinach & Carrots
Simple colorful pasta done in minutes using bottled pasta sauce.
Recipe type: Mains
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ bottle pasta sauce
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 bunch spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1-2 Tbsp dried oregano (1 Tbsp if using fresh oregano)
- 1-2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes for more intense flavour (optional)
- Mozzarella cheese (or your preferred choice for topping)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta in the water with 2 tsp salt. Take a bite to test for doneness. Drain pasta and set aside, reserving about 1 cup of the liquid.
- Stir-fry onions in 1 Tbsp of oil till softened. Add garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Add the ground beef. Cook till beef is no longer pink. Add in carrots and sun-dried tomatoes (if using). Cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the pasta sauce and simmer for about 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook till just wilted.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce with a few Tbsp of reserved liquid. Salt to taste if needed.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and serve.
Recipe updated from Dec 2, 2013
Sign up and never miss a recipe! *
*Your privacy is important. We will never share your information.