We needed a quick dinner tonight, for today we are watching “Sunday in the Park with George” by Stephen Sondheim and we have 2 hours to get to the theatre. A peek into the fridge and I came up with this steamed tofu dish served over steaming rice.
- 12oz / 350g firm tofu
- 10oz ground turkey
- ½ green onion
- 2 water chestnuts, finely diced
- ½ salted egg including yolk, finely diced
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Finely chop ½ of the green onions. Thinly slice the other half and reserve for garnishing.
- Add chopped green onions, water chestnuts, salted egg to ground turkey. Roughly combine with a few stirs.
- Add cornstarch, sesame oil, a dash of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut tofu into 8 cubes. Scoop out a teaspoon from the centers, creating a well in each cube of tofu.
- Fill the wells with turkey mixture.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining green onions.
Stay tuned for my 'Taiwan Street Food Series' featuring Fried Tofu! Subscribe and get every recipe in your Inbox
Don’t forget to also try:
- Okra and Tofu
- Steamed Tofu with Ground Pork and Gogi Berries
- Pan-Fried Tofu with Eggs
- Mapo Tofu 麻婆豆腐 – This is an old recipe from my early days in the kitchen. An updated recipe is on its way…. don’t miss it! Sign up and subscribe to my newsletter!